Diwali in a quaint Himalayan Village
Time & Location
About The Event
A beautiful journey through the untouched Himalayas the land of Mysteries.
A travel where you will experience authentic Indian Himalayan traditions, cultures, food, handicraft and general way of living while uplifting the lives of locals.
We invite you to go through this mesmerizing journey of forests filled with wild flowers, butterflies, stunning mountain trails, lush green forest, sparkling waterfalls, peaceful meadows with towering peaks, relish organic local cuisine, learn cooking from a local lady, look at the stars while listening to the stream of water, visit charming villages, try your hand at the local handicraft, dance and sing around the fire with locals, dining at villager’s home Himalayan style, glorious sunsets and much more. Our travels cannot be explained in words, this is something you will feel and capture in your hearts.
In this trip we stay in fairy-tale camp/guesthouse, boutique riverside resort and Bed & Breakfast ho. We will be interacting with locals, learn Indian cooking from a Himalayan lady, village walks, experience every day Himalayan life, visiting centuries old temples and discovering the stunning untouched part of Himalayas. While taking this journey you will be supporting the Fernweh/Bachan empowerment project for underprivileged women and untouchable tribes plus environmental and educational projects.
1st Day Rishikesh - Gopeshwar ( 235 km L & D )
- Into the deep Himalayas with private 4 wheel taxis
- Sight seeing on the way with tea breaks
- Welcome ceremony at the homes-stay
- Ancient Gopinath temple visit and local colorful market discovery
2nd Day Gopeshwar - Doongri ( B, L & D )
- Village Program- Village life experience and food at a widow's house
- School visit
- Hidden waterfalls and swimming holes
3rd Day Gopeshwar (B, L & D)
- Handicraft program- Making handicraft and interaction with artisans
- Lunch at a widow's house surrounded by the farming fields.
4th Day Gopeshwar - Mandal
- River Village discovery and meal at a village house
- Rangoli making and celebrating choti (little) diwali
5th Day Gopeshwar (B, L & D)
- Cooking course
- Diwali celebration Himalayan style
6th Day Gopeshwar - Chopta (B, L & D)
- Chopta - Play ground of fairies
- Forest house in beautiful location
- Trek to the sheperd village
7th Day Chopta (B, L & D)
- Tungnath temple trek (highest Shiva temple)
- Chandershila peak 4200 mts and clean run
8th Day Gopeshwar – Atrimuni ( 20km B, L & D)
- Ari muni cave and Ansuiya temple 13km trek to the caves and temple
- 70 mts high mesmerizing waterfall
9th Day Gopeshwar (B, L & D)
- Gaedeshwar Temple visit-picturesque ancient Temple in a beautiful natural setting
- Visit to environmental project to save the ecology by planting new plants/trees
10th Day Gopeshwar - Rishikesh ( 160km B)
- Sightseeing and drive to Rishikesh
For detailed program please contact us.
!!!We have special last minute prices and student prices !!!