Boutique Eco-Retreat & River Farm
…healing sanctuary between a river & mountain birds’ song
Reconnect with your inner self and nature for a transformational shift at the enchanting hideaway.
Welcome To Our Citrus Garden
We invite you to our beautiful eco-friendly accommodation and specially curated experiences in our petite cosy retreat & farm stay surrounded by the healing energies of Himalayan mountains, rivers, and forests. Built in the heart of Mandal valley, Uttrakhand, India among flowers, mountains, river, farmland and food forest. This creates an enabling environment for mental, spiritual and physical rest.
In Harmony With Nature
Our accommodation has been built by using natural material as we have not built concrete walls to keep nature out but rather have stepped back into the wilderness by involving elements of nature to weave our nest in a valley that heralded one of the first eco-conscious movements (Chipkoo Movement).
Our hideaway is our permaculture farm where we grow our own vegetables, fruits, herbs and have our own little fish pond, where we aim not to isolate ourselves from nature instead blend with nature to rediscover ourselves. This is a part of our empowerment project – dream project where local underprivileged women & youth get trained and hired to work at the retreat and various travel experience programs.
Our Accommodation & Activities
Here are the activities & accommodation we offer. We invite you to hold your retreats, workshops, and/or just stay with us to rejuvenate & give your body, mind, and soul time to reenergize.
Accommodation & Spaces
- 6 high end duplex cottages
- 2 stone house big rooms
- 2 stone house family rooms
- Dormitory for 12 guests
Our various spaces at the retreat:
- The River View Café
- Unalome – The healing round-house
- The Star gazing space
- The Yogashala
- The little Tearoom
- The water & fire sitting area
- The Allay – library / music room / common working space
- Breath easy food forest nook
- Butterfly mellow nook
- The hanging & stone relaxing zone
- Fish Pond seating
- Trekking / Hiking
- Forest Bathing / shinrin yoku
- River meditating /baths and healing water walks
- Waterfall Purification meditation / Takigyo
- Ancient Himalayan practices
- Learning rituals & about festivals
- Cooking outside - wild food and wild herbs gathering
- Architecture walks
- Cooking with Locals
- Self-guided hikes & guided walks - river walks, forest walks, village walks
- Visiting ancient temples and healing/holy spaces
- Immersive Experiences
- Fusion teas- Make your own tea fusion with harvesting and using a strainer
- Rewilding - Re-tracing our ancient bond with nature by finding a way back home(us within)
- Angling and river runs
- Rain dance (We often think of protecting ourselves from the rainShelters, coats, and umbrellas. But we encourage people to step out into the rain. And to feel the dust of our soul wash away as we stand in the midst of trees and in the laps of the Himalayas. Feel one with the sky)
Experience a unique blend of pristine Himalayan village life and a comfortable boutique retreat.
Support women and youth empowerment with your stay and gain unfiltered insight into authentic Indian Himalayan life.
Experiencing living in unique natural boutique cottages and a permaculture farm.
Farm to table - In a valley dotted with continuous traditional organic smallholdings, indulge in the bounties of village farming. Farm to table is a daily lived reality of our world. Each season brings its very own hand raised and harvested local delights.
Enjoy various forms of guided and nature-themed meditation to connect to the magical essence here.
Story telling- Sit by evening fire and listen to tales of bears and wild boars, of forest deity's dance, of mystical flowers and water goddess, of women's courage in protecting trees and men, of fire goddess's palanquin and the moody river.
Witness the high arches of the southeast ranges that hold the Kedarnath Musk deer wildlife sanctuary, take a tour through the rhododendron forests, catch a glimpse of elusive lives, join pilgrims at the world's highest Shiva temple at Chopta and open your heart to the sacred within and without.
Indulge in the Citrus Garden Way of natural life by taking time to indulge, breathe and heal.
Find yourself secluded from the hustle of the towns and yet connected to the pulse of the vibrant Himalayan life in a village by the river.
As the gate opens into the river that joins the holy Ganges, experience the unbridled joy of hoping barefoot on river stones, building prayer cairns, dipping in countless eternity pools, imbibing the isolation and the interconnectedness of all beings, and embracing the mighty grace of the mountains of Mandal Valley.
Birder’s paradise - Walk through the meandering paths of Koteshwar village by rice and millet fields and pluck an overhanging Mandarin from a citrus tree; a butterfly hovers by, reach the Shiva temple, and get lost in the famous bird's paradise.
⦁Observe and interact with the regenerative aspects of natural farming and get drawn into the nitty-gritty of soil life and a holistic understanding of permaculture.
Be a part of transformational experiences for the guest and host!
Looking forward to making your perfect retreat and leisure dreams come true!